An experienced computer programmer and tutor.
Almost thirty years of programming, training and internal consultancy with a well rounded-knowledge of broad based and vertical office applications.
- Experienced team leader and good team worker
- Good communicator
- Able to acquire and use new skills
- Versatile and adaptable
- Able to show spontaneous creative and lateral thinking
- First class teaching and lecturing skills
Designing and programming bespoke accounts package.
- Windows up to present version
- Microsoft Office suite up to present version
- Writing event driven Windows software
- HTML, CSS, JAVA, ASP and other CGI scripting
- MS SQL and other SQL languages
- Graphics packages (bit map and vector based)
- Installation and maintaining computer hardware/software.
- Designing and setting up databases for client use on client
and server-based databases.
- Windows Server - IIS etc configuration etc.
- Writing software for point of sale terminals
- Some assembler and other low-level language skills
- Installation and maintenance of office networks, routing and
- Use of Sellerdeck - a web-based shop front system.
- Use of InfusionSoft - an internet marketing management and monitoring tool
Writing RFI response documents detailing technical and business related software capabilities.
The complete suite
included not only the company accounts package with full
sales ledger, profit and loss account providing
accountant-ready figures, but included a mobile sales
package for ten road-based sales staff to provided on-site
invoicing and base stock, accounts and commission control.
Sourcing all suitable hardware and
staff training in use of the above package.
Designing a car rental database with web integration.
Working for a Dutch-based company, my duties here were to provide RFI documentation and
liaise with company clients (large corporate utility companies),
train staff in the use of the software and design and attend
Designing a desktop desktop program for UK property agents.
Designing and writing a telecoms call processing and billing
A Spanish-based estate agency required a desktop program which
connected to a property database for agencies in the UK.
The package required that the agents maintained their own client
data with a server-based CMS facility.
The package would print out property exposé sheets for window
The database was maintained on a web server but used data from
the company's own office server using an desktop import/export
Systems support engineer and programmer.
A Spanish-based cheap rate call company required a program which
processed daily call records. Processed the data against a table
of calls rates according to country called and time and duration
A client database was kept which recorded all call data and
produced monthly invoices for mailing or emailing to customer.
Setting up office network to provide all PC with client
capabilities against a single server database.
Sundry networking and PC repair work and maintenance.
A Spanish-based travel company required standby attention to
their office IT needs including network maintenance, hardware
purchases and installations.
Designing and building a web site which permitted their clients
to monitor their current 'points' position with the company
structure and maintaining same.
Travelling, caving. Currently writing novel. Reading.
Writing computer programs. Writing T.V. comedy.
Can speak both French and Spanish.
Full clean driving licence.
Qualified graphic designer/artist.
Published T.V. comedy writer and radio drama writer.
Award-winning drama writer.
Radio presenter and rock music aficionado
Musician/composer and performer
Amateur actor, singer and director
Can ride a unicycle!
Please click here
to view artwork.